Shadow624 Sprites

Discussion Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Questions?

Beo

Yeah, Flash has some weird bugs sometimes. Restarting it usually fixes them.

--

Hey guys, check out mah YOUTUUUUUBE

July 19, 2013 at 5:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CosmicTornado

Mr.Video at July 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Shadow624 at July 19, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Has anything happened to the bitmaps the MC was referencing? 

I haven't touched the bitmaps of your Effects packs, so I'd say no, not that I could confirm it anymore anyways. Oddly enough, when I turned Flash back on a few hours later, the problem wasn't there anymore, fortunately.

Thanks for the help anyways, I appreciate it.

Sorry for puting this here, but I didn't know you wrote Fan-fiction. xD What kind? :P

--

Never give up hope for what could be.

http://cosmictornado.newgrounds.com/follow

July 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mr.Video
Administrator

CosmicTornado at July 19, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Mr.Video at July 19, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Shadow624 at July 19, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Has anything happened to the bitmaps the MC was referencing? 

I haven't touched the bitmaps of your Effects packs, so I'd say no, not that I could confirm it anymore anyways. Oddly enough, when I turned Flash back on a few hours later, the problem wasn't there anymore, fortunately.

Thanks for the help anyways, I appreciate it.

Sorry for puting this here, but I didn't know you wrote Fan-fiction. xD What kind? :P

Uhhhhh...I-I thought this was a questions segment for Shad, not me!

--

"Yep. Someday, I'll teach him a dirty lesson!" -Luigi, in regards to Waluigi, Super Mario Bros. Heroes of the Stars Episode 3

Tumblr: http://mrvideo95.tumblr.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MrVideo95

July 19, 2013 at 11:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

X_Fire_MH

Question to shad624:

3 actauly:

-Is Grimnix like your Icon OC, Meaning like the character you use for the internet to reflect you or is he a character just for Cakkaletle's Return?

-Im not demanding this now, but when will cycluse be released? (if ever released)  Note: If its a bother you don't  need to answer.

-At what time in the mario time-line dose your C.R. series take place? After Bowser's Inside Story, or before?

July 22, 2013 at 8:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadow624
Site Owner
Well Grimix doesn't really reflect me. None of my OCs really do :P but out of my OCs he is my favorite. I don't plan on ever releasing Cyclos publically as he would most likely just be stolen by someone and recolored into some crappy OC. I would however be happy to give his sheet to my friends if they promise to not hand it out to other people. The events of CR take place 8 months after the events in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga.
--

"What does HP stand for anyway? Hentai Power?"

July 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

X_Fire_MH

i don't plan to do something discracefull like releasing your sprites to the publice.

I was hoping to use Cyclos for a fan made game, for Sonic Oc's and 3rd party oC's like yours and Ace's. (probly just you and ace).  But you don't need to rush.

July 24, 2013 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

X_Fire_MH

Okay here's another 2 question's that I semi-need to know:

-How mad would you be if a Ta-hau epicly lost in a fight against a sonic character or ssb's character.

-What is the best animation program that most people are using for sprite fights on newgrounds.  So far I'm using Macromedia flash 8, Paint.net, and for 3d projects for the future "Blender".

July 25, 2013 at 1:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadow624
Site Owner
Well first off, what is Ta-Hau? and for 2D use one of the many versions of Flash (i for one use Macromedia Flash) For 3D you could either use Swift 3D to make 3D things in flash, Maya 3D, or Blender.
--

July 25, 2013 at 9:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mr.Video
Administrator

Shadow624 at July 25, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Well first off, what is Ta-Hau? and for 2D use one of the many versions of Flash (i for one use Macromedia Flash) For 3D you could either use Swift 3D to make 3D things in flash, Maya 3D, or Blender.

Not certain about it, but I believe he means TouHou.

--

"Yep. Someday, I'll teach him a dirty lesson!" -Luigi, in regards to Waluigi, Super Mario Bros. Heroes of the Stars Episode 3

July 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadow624
Site Owner
Oh if that's the case, no i don't care. be my guest :P i have no control over what you do. I personally don't think a Sonic character would win in a fight with one though unless they were in a super form of some sort. Touhou characters tend to have a huge amount of super-natural/divine power.
--

July 25, 2013 at 12:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

X_Fire_MH

Mr.Video at July 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Shadow624 at July 25, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Not certain about it, but I believe he means TouHou.

Yeah sometime my spelling sometimes sucks.   :/

Trying to spell TouHou is tricky to say and spell.

A intresting series I must say but I don't choose to follow, because Im trying to follow up on mario and sonic and starting on Ledgend of zelda.

I mostly grew up following mega man, so Im stuck in the dirt.

--Spoiler--

I plan to use a TouHou in a fight though.  ;)

PS.  Riddle me this: the only one who can beat a TouHou in his base form is you Shad624.   :D

July 25, 2013 at 5:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadow624
Site Owner

why would I beat a Touhou character? That's just plain rude and illegal. :P

--

July 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mr.Video
Administrator

Sorry to bump this topic after it's been dead for a while, but I have a Flash related question. I recently finished the first half of my preloader, it being the whole on-stage thing idea I talked to you about before. So before continuing with the later half of it, I decided to test the scene to see how it looked. This is where the problem starts.

When I test the scene all I get is a black screen. I tried messing around with the layers to see if that was the problem, but no luck so far. I even tried restarting Flash, but no such luck. I checked other scenes from Flash pojects and they aren't suffering from this problem. Have any suggestions as to how I could fix this?

--

December 31, 2013 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadow624
Site Owner

Hey, Topic's here for a reason. :P I feel like the problem you're having is a Vcam problem. Are you using Vcam or is it taking up the whole flash stage?

--

December 31, 2013 at 5:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bowser!!!!

Does anyone know how to get text or anything else to move with a vcam?

I want to have text while a background is moving and I want the text to basically be connected to the vcam, so when it moves or changes size the text changes size and moves along with it

It's hard to manually tween something like that and get it to appear as if it's staying still on the screen.

--

"Like the moon over

The day, my genius and brawn

Are lost on these fools"

my blog and deviantart

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4324-7138 / Brawl Friend Code: 2450-7668-1022

January 28, 2014 at 7:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadow624
Site Owner

Getting something to move precisely with the Vcam would require so scripting. You could look around for a "move vcam with character" code and apply it to the text. But other than that, yeah manually tweening them is probably your best bet.

--

January 28, 2014 at 5:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bowser!!!!

Yeah all the codes I could find seem to be for flash games and require coding something as the 'player' and i dont think that will work for an animation, I'll just have to manually tween it which will be really hard :/

--

"Like the moon over

Are lost on these fools"

my blog and deviantart

January 28, 2014 at 10:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadow624
Site Owner

Mmmm I don't really see how doing it manually would be any harder. All you really have to do is make sure the distance between the words and the Vcam border stays constant. One way you could do it is select the Vcam and Hold shift while nudging it in a direction. Count how many times you pressed the arrow key and just repeat that with the text.

--

January 28, 2014 at 11:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bowser!!!!

Yeah it's not THAT hard I guess it would just be easier if you could connect the text to the vcam 

Thanks for the help :P

--

"Like the moon over

Are lost on these fools"

my blog and deviantart

January 29, 2014 at 9:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

X_Fire_MH

I have a question that I can't seem to find on the internt.

Is there any consiquence's (a bad thing) for importing a full (mabye more) sprite sheets in flash CS6?  (aka Maccro Media Flash 8 ).

Say for example a sonic pack with all the sprites you need for the animation, plus effects, plus the backgrounds, and finally another character sprite pack (or 2 or more) for the purpose of the story.

I ask this because I did something like that.

--

--- END OF LINE ---

June 6, 2014 at 4:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Webs Counter

Recent Videos

329 views - 0 comments
1034 views - 5 comments
973 views - 2 comments