Shadow624 Sprites

Discussion Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Questions?

X_Fire_MH

Any body know how I could do this negtive effect in flash?  Including the the circle part?

Or unless you have a better Idea of how to make a time stop effect, I'm all ears.

--

--- END OF LINE ---

December 24, 2014 at 11:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadow624
Site Owner

make a white circle in flash and set the blend mode to invert. 

--

"What does HP stand for anyway? Hentai Power?"

December 24, 2014 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

X_Fire_MH

It worked.

Thanks, and merry Christmas.

--

--- END OF LINE ---

December 24, 2014 at 11:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CosmicTornado

Shadow624 at December 24, 2014 at 11:04 PM

make a white circle in flash and set the blend mode to invert. 

Cool, now I don't have to ask this question in the future :P

--

Never give up hope for what could be.

http://cosmictornado.newgrounds.com/follow

December 25, 2014 at 4:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CosmicTornado

I was working on the trailer for STH: Chaos Within when it suddenly wouldn't play the file (ctrl+enter). Any idea how to fix this? I made another document to test if something was wrong with the player, but it played fine there. The .swf file is gone as well.

--

December 31, 2014 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Beo

CosmicTornado at December 31, 2014 at 8:14 PM

I was working on the trailer for STH: Chaos Within when it suddenly wouldn't play the file (ctrl+enter). Any idea how to fix this? I made another document to test if something was wrong with the player, but it played fine there. The .swf file is gone as well.

The only reason I can think of is maybe you removed .swf from your Publish Settings or something (file -> 'publish settings' I think)

January 2, 2015 at 1:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CosmicTornado

Beo at January 2, 2015 at 1:22 AM

CosmicTornado at December 31, 2014 at 8:14 PM

The only reason I can think of is maybe you removed .swf from your Publish Settings or something (file -> 'publish settings' I think)

Well the file was there before it stopped working. I decided to just split the file into two documents and it's working fine now. Not sure how I'm going to put them back together though.

--

January 4, 2015 at 8:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CosmicTornado

What's the best way to make titles? I mean like how Alvin-Earthworm made the SMBZ title, or how Shad made the banners on this site. I want to make the title of Chaos Within stylized and not just bland text.

--

January 10, 2015 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadow624
Site Owner

There isn't really a way to do it. You just make it in photoshop or other image editting program. 

--

January 11, 2015 at 1:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CosmicTornado

Alright, thanks. Looks like it's time to pull out the artist dwelling deep in my mind :P

--

January 11, 2015 at 1:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

So, this is something I've been trying to figure out for a while. Searching the internet for it really doesn't help because of how specific the wording is, and even then it's pretty hard to articulate what I mean.

Anyone who happens to be familiar with RPG Maker VX Ace; how exactly would I go about programming something so that when your character has no money you'll be unable to do something that requires a certain amount to be removed, such as buying from a store?

--

I feel like Donkey Kong just shaved my ass cheeks with those moves.

January 13, 2015 at 1:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CosmicTornado

OmegaSword at January 13, 2015 at 1:12 PM

So, this is something I've been trying to figure out for a while. Searching the internet for it really doesn't help because of how specific the wording is, and even then it's pretty hard to articulate what I mean.

Anyone who happens to be familiar with RPG Maker VX Ace; how exactly would I go about programming something so that when your character has no money you'll be unable to do something that requires a certain amount to be removed, such as buying from a store?

I'm not familiar with RPG Maker of any kind, but it sounds like you would use some of restricter. Like it checks to see how much money you have when you pull up the shop and if you don't have enough for something, it doesn't allow you to select it.

--

January 13, 2015 at 1:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rambobby

Doesn't RPG Maker just use C++? You should look up C++ values instead of searching for RPG maker values. Dunno, just a thought.

--
January 13, 2015 at 3:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

Rambobby at January 13, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Doesn't RPG Maker just use C++? You should look up C++ values instead of searching for RPG maker values. Dunno, just a thought.

Never thought of that. I'll give it a shot.

--

January 13, 2015 at 4:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

CosmicTornado at January 13, 2015 at 1:38 PM

I'm not familiar with RPG Maker of any kind, but it sounds like you would use some of restricter. Like it checks to see how much money you have when you pull up the shop and if you don't have enough for something, it doesn't allow you to select it.

Yeah, the only problem is I don't know how to do that at the moment :-P

--

January 13, 2015 at 4:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CosmicTornado

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but how do you make a split screen effect in Flash 8? I want the screen to cut in half showing two segments, and have "VS" come across it.

--

January 27, 2015 at 10:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadow624
Site Owner

That I actually don't know how to do. 

--

January 27, 2015 at 3:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

The only way I could think of doing it would be to animate it and zoom in on it with Vcam, if you know what I mean.

--

January 27, 2015 at 8:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Beo

CosmicTornado at January 27, 2015 at 10:39 AM

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but how do you make a split screen effect in Flash 8? I want the screen to cut in half showing two segments, and have "VS" come across it.

This may not work, but I think it should. Basically just have a mask layer with a rectangle of any color covering half of the screen, with all of the layers that you want on that side of the screen being attached to the mask. Then, underneath the mask and the attached layers, you would have the other layers for the stuff that goes on the other side of the screen. (Sorry for the bad explanation; if you really need, I can make a short step-by-step image tutorial thing :) )

--

Hey guys, check out mah YOUTUUUUUBE

January 31, 2015 at 11:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CosmicTornado

Beo at January 31, 2015 at 11:52 PM

CosmicTornado at January 27, 2015 at 10:39 AM

This may not work, but I think it should. Basically just have a mask layer with a rectangle of any color covering half of the screen, with all of the layers that you want on that side of the screen being attached to the mask. Then, underneath the mask and the attached layers, you would have the other layers for the stuff that goes on the other side of the screen. (Sorry for the bad explanation; if you really need, I can make a short step-by-step image tutorial thing :) )

That's actually exactly what I ended up doing, and it looks great (in my opinion) now.

--

February 2, 2015 at 12:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Webs Counter

Recent Videos

254 views - 0 comments
935 views - 5 comments
903 views - 2 comments