Shadow624 Sprites

Discussion Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > New Announcements

OmegaSword
Administrator

If the leaks are true (which it's safe to assume they are at this point), I understand that you're disappointed about Lucas not being in, but counting all 3 Mii characters, there are 46 other characters to pick from if you don't like those characters. 46. That's more than every other Smash Bros. ever. It's not like the roster lacks variety.

--

I feel like Donkey Kong just shaved my ass cheeks with those moves.

August 29, 2014 at 2:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadow624
Site Owner

I'm still gonna get both of them day one. I'm just not hyping over them anymore.

--

"What does HP stand for anyway? Hentai Power?"

August 29, 2014 at 2:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

X_Fire_MH

OmegaSword at August 29, 2014 at 1:54 PM

X_Fire_MH at August 29, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Mr.Video at August 29, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I'm still unsure if Shulk is good news or bad news. Shulk looks like he's a fun character to play as, and isn't just a combination of Marth and Link like everyone else speculated, and Gaur plains looks fantastic. But on the downside, he basically confirmed Bowser Jr too... Oh well, at least his underwear alt can shut up the Sports wear Samus haters, unless they have a double standard.

I'm actually disappointed with the new 3DS though. You mean I have to buy a new handheld just to play Xenoblade at a reasonable price? Ugh... I think I'd be better off getting ripped off at Gamestop... At least I can look forward to the Smash Bros CD.

My thoughts exaclty, except for Shulk.    Why did they had to upgrade he 3ds like that?  I know that it had problems in the past, but pulling this at the last minute is stupid.    I got my 3ds 3 years ago, and I don't want to spend another 150 or so for a system thats the same as the old on, just for a upgrade.

Xenoblade Chronicles looks like a good game.  I want to play it, but I can't because of this change to the 3ds.  

This is the Number 1 thing I hate in video games, sudden Console Switching.    Its a gut wrentching KillJoy.

Well at least I can still play Smash 4 for the regular (I hope).

Xenoblade Chronicles is on the Wii. You don't have to get the 3DS version if you want it.

Also, this situation is literally the same thing as the Game Boy to Game Boy Color situation.

Yeah I know that, but I heard that the game is rare and hard to find now for some reasion.

--

--- END OF LINE ---

August 29, 2014 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mr.Video
Administrator

Shadow624 at August 29, 2014 at 2:16 PM

Shulk being confirmed really should have been a positive thing for me, but all it really did was confirm the inevitable and sad truth that the whole leak is now confirmed... The reason this roster pisses me off so much is that it was borderline perfect. With the addition of Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina, Bowser Jr. and Ganondorf still being a clone, it's just no longer anywhere near perfect. It went from perfect to just absolute shit in my eyes in a matter of days. The fact that Lucas was cut and Dr. Mario is in just totally rapes my mind. I've said it before and I know I'm in the unpopular opinion, but I'm just no longer excited for this game.

I don't think it confirms Dark Pit or Doctor Mario, it only confirms Shulk and Bowser Jr. The leaker has lied before about the DLC crap, it's easy for me to believe that he could have just made a fake selection screen just to fuck with people, because you know, he's an asshole. I'm still holding out hope for Lucas and Isaac, despite the fact that I'll probably be let down.

But I know where you coming from, and respect your opinion. Especially since if Doctor Mario really is in over Lucas... I'll probably go into a despair induced stupor. But I'll still enjoy the game, the game itself still looks like a whole lot of fun, and the Shulk trailer, despite basically supporting the leak, really got me excited. Excited about a character I honestly have little knowledge about.

So while Lucas might not make it back in... I still think this Smash Bros will still be the best game in the series.Even if it will end up having three pointless characters in it. Just think positively, Earthbound is at least getting enemies in Smash Run...

--

"Yep. Someday, I'll teach him a dirty lesson!" -Luigi, in regards to Waluigi, Super Mario Bros. Heroes of the Stars Episode 3

Tumblr: http://mrvideo95.tumblr.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MrVideo95

August 29, 2014 at 3:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

Mr.Video at August 29, 2014 at 3:13 PM

Shulk being confirmed really should have been a positive thing for me, but all it really did was confirm the inevitable and sad truth that the whole leak is now confirmed... The reason this roster pisses me off so much is that it was borderline perfect. With the addition of Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina, Bowser Jr. and Ganondorf still being a clone, it's just no longer anywhere near perfect. It went from perfect to just absolute shit in my eyes in a matter of days. The fact that Lucas was cut and Dr. Mario is in just totally rapes my mind. I've said it before and I know I'm in the unpopular opinion, but I'm just no longer excited for this game.

I don't think it confirms Dark Pit or Doctor Mario, it only confirms Shulk and Bowser Jr. The leaker has lied before about the DLC crap, it's easy for me to believe that he could have just made a fake selection screen just to fuck with people, because you know, he's an asshole. I'm still holding out hope for Lucas and Isaac, despite the fact that I'll probably be let down.

But I know where you coming from, and respect your opinion. Especially since if Doctor Mario really is in over Lucas... I'll probably go into a despair induced stupor. But I'll still enjoy the game, the game itself still looks like a whole lot of fun, and the Shulk trailer, despite basically supporting the leak, really got me excited. Excited about a character I honestly have little knowledge about.

So while Lucas might not make it back in... I still think this Smash Bros will still be the best game in the series.Even if it will end up having three pointless characters in it. Just think positively, Earthbound is at least getting enemies in Smash Run...

Well, the leak does use the same portrait as Shulk (and everyone else for that matter) So I'm leading quite a bit to the real side.

The only new character from Brawl I wanted to return was Snake, but obviously that doesn't seem to be the case.

--

August 29, 2014 at 3:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadow624
Site Owner

Dude there's no way the leaker would be able to perfectly make the same mugshot of Shulk that was on the main site. That alone kinda confirms the entire leak.

--

August 29, 2014 at 3:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mr.Video
Administrator

Shadow624 at August 29, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Dude there's no way the leaker would be able to perfectly make the same mugshot of Shulk that was on the main site. That alone kinda confirms the entire leak.

You guys are misunderstanding what I said. The leak only confirms Shulk and Bowser Jr, it's entirely possible the guy made the Duck Hunt, Doctor Mario and Dark Pit renders and threw them in there just to fuck with everyone just like the DLC bullshit he was spouting. Notice how there isn't any actual photographs of them aside from the selection screen? Yeah, it's grasping at straws, but whatever.

Besides, two additional effortless clones hardly means any veterans will lose their spots. Lucina wasn't even planned to be added until the middle of development. That and it was never stated that it was the full roster. But I guess we won't know until we play the game ourselves. I just prefer to be optimistic where possible.

--

"Yep. Someday, I'll teach him a dirty lesson!" -Luigi, in regards to Waluigi, Super Mario Bros. Heroes of the Stars Episode 3

August 29, 2014 at 4:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

Mr.Video at August 29, 2014 at 4:04 PM

You guys are misunderstanding what I said. The leak only confirms Shulk and Bowser Jr, it's entirely possible the guy made the Duck Hunt, Doctor Mario and Dark Pit renders and threw them in there just to fuck with everyone just like the DLC bullshit he was spouting. Notice how there isn't any actual photographs of them aside from the selection screen? Yeah, it's grasping at straws, but whatever.

Besides, two additional effortless clones hardly means any veterans will lose their spots. Lucina wasn't even planned to be added until the middle of development. That and it was never stated that it was the full roster. But I guess we won't know until we play the game ourselves. I just prefer to be optimistic where possible.

That's exactly why I've taken the stance I have on if this is the actual roster. They don't affect the game in a negative way at all. I doubt I'd play as Dr. Mario, but there is a huge roster of other characters to choose from. That's why it doesn't bother me in the least.

--

August 29, 2014 at 4:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rambobby

Tbh, I don't know what to think. It felt like Shulk was already a given to be announced, but at the cost of confirming the leak, I'm kinda disappointed. It's possible that Dark Pit isn't in the roster though. The leaker could have easily made his mugshot. All he had to do was flip Pit's picture and change palettes. The new 3DS just seems like an update to the current 3DS system so I don't care if I get it or not. I don't like the fact how only certain games can run on it though(it may only be XBC now, but in the future idk). I'll just wait and see. 

As for the 3DS games getting released, oh man. They showed some pretty great games. I still haven't bought Bravely Default, but with the announcement of Bravely Second, that makes me consider getting it soon. And all the other games they showed, makes me want to give all my money away. :P

--
August 29, 2014 at 5:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CosmicTornado

I will never understand the hate for Dark Pit. Sure his back story isn't super unique (literal clone of Pit), but he's got his own personality, strengths, weaknesses etc. Not only that, but he even has his own weapon in Uprising called the Dark Pit Staff. Speaking of which, there was another list of leaked pictures on Monday that showed Dark Pit's portrait and he was holding his staff. This appears to show that he uses his staff to fight instead of being a clone (which is further supported by the fact that the weapon has certain gimmicks that would allow a different fighting style). 

Anyway, I do understand that it sucks when the characters you were hoping for aren't in the game, but immediately hating it, I don't. I mean Shad, you said that the roster was perfect before the leak, how has that changed? All of those characters are still there, ane if you don't like the other characters, don't play as them. As for cut characters, all I can say is you have to first have faith that they are still in (you said yourself that the leaker has thrown in fake info, maybe the cut characters was also a lie), then if they are actually cut, you just gotta deal with it. Nothin' you can do if they are cut but enjoy the characters that are returning (or hey! maybe play as a new character qnd see how they play). The last thing you can do is hope; hope that DLC is an afterthought. Sakurai has stated in the past that if he could, he would keep every character in the game with no cuts. Well with DLC, that's easy, and it would make sense for veterans to be DLC, since they aren't as important as the newcomers. And just think how much hype they'd create if they announced a DLC pack with veterans! Of course, it would have to be free or cheap.

Well, there you have it; my stance on the situation.

--

Never give up hope for what could be.

http://cosmictornado.newgrounds.com/follow

August 29, 2014 at 7:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rambobby

CosmicTornado at August 29, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I will never understand the hate for Dark Pit. Sure his back story isn't super unique (literal clone of Pit), but he's got his own personality, strengths, weaknesses etc. Not only that, but he even has his own weapon in Uprising called the Dark Pit Staff. Speaking of which, there was another list of leaked pictures on Monday that showed Dark Pit's portrait and he was holding his staff. This appears to show that he uses his staff to fight instead of being a clone (which is further supported by the fact that the weapon has certain gimmicks that would allow a different fighting style). 

Anyway, I do understand that it sucks when the characters you were hoping for aren't in the game, but immediately hating it, I don't. I mean Shad, you said that the roster was perfect before the leak, how has that changed? All of those characters are still there, ane if you don't like the other characters, don't play as them. As for cut characters, all I can say is you have to first have faith that they are still in (you said yourself that the leaker has thrown in fake info, maybe the cut characters was also a lie), then if they are actually cut, you just gotta deal with it. Nothin' you can do if they are cut but enjoy the characters that are returning (or hey! maybe play as a new character qnd see how they play). The last thing you can do is hope; hope that DLC is an afterthought. Sakurai has stated in the past that if he could, he would keep every character in the game with no cuts. Well with DLC, that's easy, and it would make sense for veterans to be DLC, since they aren't as important as the newcomers. And just think how much hype they'd create if they announced a DLC pack with veterans! Of course, it would have to be free or cheap.

It's not hate for the character, I'd say more of his inclusion in Smash. There's been a lot of clones in Smash, with a few tweaks in their moves and whatnot, but I just don't see how it'll work in this case. The previous clones in the games actually have a different model with slight move tweaks(Ganondorf, Lucina, etc.), but Dark Pit would just be a palette swap. As Vid said awhile back, how would they even make his alternate palettes? It would just look like Pit. And if he had a different move set? Well, with the custom move set option now, that kinda beats the purpose for Dark Pit. The only difference seems to be his weapon. His inclusion in the game would be like including someone like Dark Link with a different weapon. It just doesn't sit right with some people(including me). Well, this is just my opinion on the matter, but I wanted to try to clear some things up.

--
August 29, 2014 at 7:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CosmicTornado

Rambobby at August 29, 2014 at 7:49 PM

It's not hate for the character, I'd say more of his inclusion in Smash. There's been a lot of clones in Smash, with a few tweaks in their moves and whatnot, but I just don't see how it'll work in this case. The previous clones in the games actually have a different model with slight move tweaks(Ganondorf, Lucina, etc.), but Dark Pit would just be a palette swap. As Vid said awhile back, how would they even make his alternate palettes? It would just look like Pit. And if he had a different move set? Well, with the custom move set option now, that kinda beats the purpose for Dark Pit. The only difference seems to be his weapon. His inclusion in the game would be like including someone like Dark Link with a different weapon. It just doesn't sit right with some people(including me). Well, this is just my opinion on the matter, but I wanted to try to clear some things up.

Again, he might have his own moveset, and the different moveset would definitely help with seeing the difference between the two, and I hate it when people bring up the color thing. Of course I've thought about it before as well, but is it really that bad? Like I said before, he might not actually be a clone like some people believe he is, and the way he behaves is different than Pit! He can't just be an alt for Pit because Dark Pit is literally the manifestation of the evil part of Pit, so it doesn't make since to have him doing all of Pit's happy, and obnoxious taunts and whatnot. I can see the problems people bring up with him, but I think that the benefits outweigh them in my opinion. Also, sm4sh is in need of villains/anti-heros, so he works perfectly.

--

August 29, 2014 at 8:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

CosmicTornado at August 29, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Again, he might have his own moveset, and the different moveset would definitely help with seeing the difference between the two, and I hate it when people bring up the color thing. Of course I've thought about it before as well, but is it really that bad? Like I said before, he might not actually be a clone like some people believe he is, and the way he behaves is different than Pit! He can't just be an alt for Pit because Dark Pit is literally the manifestation of the evil part of Pit, so it doesn't make since to have him doing all of Pit's happy, and obnoxious taunts and whatnot. I can see the problems people bring up with him, but I think that the benefits outweigh them in my opinion. Also, sm4sh is in need of villains/anti-heros, so he works perfectly.

I kinda figured that they would just use completely different shades of the same colours for Dark Pit, while still incorporating black into the design. Hell, they could even use inverted/negative colours as one of his alts.

--

August 29, 2014 at 8:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CosmicTornado

OmegaSword at August 29, 2014 at 8:32 PM

CosmicTornado at August 29, 2014 at 8:20 PM

I kinda figured that they would just use completely different shades of the same colours for Dark Pit, while still incorporating black into the design. Hell, they could even use inverted/negative colours as one of his alts.

Ooo, I like the sound of that. I'm sure they figured something out at least.

--

August 29, 2014 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadow624
Site Owner

OmegaSword at August 29, 2014 at 4:09 PM

That's exactly why I've taken the stance I have on if this is the actual roster. They don't affect the game in a negative way at all. I doubt I'd play as Dr. Mario, but there is a huge roster of other characters to choose from. That's why it doesn't bother me in the least.

The guy would have to be an incredibly talented grahical artist to make full HD 3D renders of the newcomers and veterans in 4's style. Like he would have to have a pretty long history of 3D art and Photo-edtiing to pull something this high-quality off. I mean, the chance is there, there could be an entire team behind this leak, but the chance of that is just incredibly slim imo. The only thing I can really hope for is that the empty spots at the bottom of the roster are either for unlockables or DLC characters.

On the matter of the New 3DS, this isn't really anything new from Nintendo. They make upgraded versions of handhelds that can only play certain games all the time. (GameBoy Color, DSi, etc) I think the only time they haven't done that was for the GBA era. So yeah I'll be getting the XL version and Xenoblade when they hits shelves. I actually wouldn't mind trying the Wii version out. If I'm willing to pay like $150 for EarthBound, I don't see why this would be any different.

--

August 31, 2014 at 7:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

Shadow624 at August 31, 2014 at 7:53 PM

OmegaSword at August 29, 2014 at 4:09 PM

The guy would have to be an incredibly talented grahical artist to make full HD 3D renders of the newcomers and veterans in 4's style. Like he would have to have a pretty long history of 3D art and Photo-edtiing to pull something this high-quality off. I mean, the chance is there, there could be an entire team behind this leak, but the chance of that is just incredibly slim imo. The only thing I can really hope for is that the empty spots at the bottom of the roster are either for unlockables or DLC characters.

On the matter of the New 3DS, this isn't really anything new from Nintendo. They make upgraded versions of handhelds that can only play certain games all the time. (GameBoy Color, DSi, etc) I think the only time they haven't done that was for the GBA era. So yeah I'll be getting the XL version and Xenoblade when they hits shelves. I actually wouldn't mind trying the Wii version out. If I'm willing to pay like $150 for EarthBound, I don't see why this would be any different.

That's what I was thinking. What I think Nintendo is going to do when the new 3DS comes out is make some games that will play on both old and new 3DS, but phase out the old one from the market while also having games only on the new ones. They better call it something different from just New 3DS though, there's enough brand confusion on the market now.
--

August 31, 2014 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lighting_Rock85

The few things I hate about the New 3DS is the freaking name and how they are doing nothing to let the old 3DS keep their old models but have benefits with of other users moving over with ease. Instead you have to buy it brand new and be forced to transfer everything over after paying for it and get about $40 for the old 3DS model or heck not be able to get rid of it because the Serial code has started to fade away. They also have the internet filtered and some sites are not viewable without paying 30 cents on a credit card even though there are many adults like me who don't want/have a credit card. I know the GBC and DSi didn't have much to when they were released, but color into games to make them compatable with the old GB would've been too hard to force devolpers to do that, The DSi had more firmware and was less basic, but the New 3DS just looks like they could have made accessories to the regular 3DS and 3DS XL to be able to do things the N3DS could do.

--

"Ahh!! Not Exoplodia! It's not possible! No one's ever escaped him!" - Kaiba YGOTAS Ep.56

3DS FC: 1478-2952-5548

September 1, 2014 at 12:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

Lighting_Rock85 at September 1, 2014 at 12:34 AM

The few things I hate about the New 3DS is the freaking name and how they are doing nothing to let the old 3DS keep their old models but have benefits with of other users moving over with ease. Instead you have to buy it brand new and be forced to transfer everything over after paying for it and get about $40 for the old 3DS model or heck not be able to get rid of it because the Serial code has started to fade away. They also have the internet filtered and some sites are not viewable without paying 30 cents on a credit card even though there are many adults like me who don't want/have a credit card. I know the GBC and DSi didn't have much to when they were released, but color into games to make them compatable with the old GB would've been too hard to force devolpers to do that, The DSi had more firmware and was less basic, but the New 3DS just looks like they could have made accessories to the regular 3DS and 3DS XL to be able to do things the N3DS could do.

Or, this is what the 3DS should have been from the beginning. The fact that it doesn't have 2 analog sticks is asinine. The fact that you have to buy an expensive, bulky add on to actually have two analog sticks is just wrong. Also, no amount of accessories could improve the CPU of the 3DS, which is one of the big things the new 3DS is doing. I really doubt current 3DS's could run a port of Xenoblade Chronicles without a ton of issues.

They definitely need to change the name, though. Given Nintendo's track record lately of giving things stupid and confusing names, it's not likely to happen, unless they actually learned anything from the Wii U.

--

September 1, 2014 at 3:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

Well, I hope this isn't true.

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/new-3ds-details-ac-adapter-included/

(Dunno why the url says that, it's talking about how there is no AC adaptor included, apparently)

It's not really a problem for me since I have 3 3DS AC adaptors, but imagine a person who didn't have a 3DS or DSi buying it, providing they use the same ones. Although apparently this was something that also happened in Japan with the 3DS XL.

--

September 2, 2014 at 9:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mr.Video
Administrator

OmegaSword at September 2, 2014 at 9:32 AM

Well, I hope this isn't true.

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/new-3ds-details-ac-adapter-included/

(Dunno why the url says that, it's talking about how there is no AC adaptor included, apparently)

It's not really a problem for me since I have 3 3DS AC adaptors, but imagine a person who didn't have a 3DS or DSi buying it, providing they use the same ones. Although apparently this was something that also happened in Japan with the 3DS XL.

I don't think that's true, keep in mind these aren't official translations. Something could have easily been lost when they were translating it into english. Though I guess it's still possible, if what you said about Japan's XL is true.

--

September 2, 2014 at 3:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Webs Counter

Recent Videos

329 views - 0 comments
1034 views - 5 comments
973 views - 2 comments