Shadow624 Sprites

Discussion Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > New Announcements

OmegaSword
Administrator

Some cool yet somewhat disappointing stuff has been announced this morning. First off, the cool stuff.

Shulk has been confirmed for Smash, which is just sweet. You can find his trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUl1EkUJ46k

Next, Nintendo has announced a new 3DS model is on the way. This new model will apparently feature better hardware, battery life, ZL and ZR buttons and another analog pad. This is something that the original 3DS should have had. There are some other details which you can find here:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/08/29/new-3ds-and-3ds-xl-announced-with-extra-buttons?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

And

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1cwg6mUhAg

Finally, Xenoblade Chronicles is being ported to the 3DS. This is awesome news since this game is rare (or at least expensive) as hell to get for the Wii. However, this is also disappointing, since it's only going to be playable on this new 3DS model, which is understandable.

http://kotaku.com/xenoblade-chronicles-is-coming-to-the-3ds-1628392228?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

The new 3DS models sadly won't be released world wide until 2015, but I think they'll be worth getting, for me anyway.

Topic will be updated accordingly with any more news.

--

I feel like Donkey Kong just shaved my ass cheeks with those moves.

August 29, 2014 at 9:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

Also, this

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/29/custom-menu-and-background-themes-announced-for-nintendo-3ds/

--

August 29, 2014 at 9:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-for-wii-u3ds-north-americaeurope-also-getting-club-nintendo-soundtrack/

--

August 29, 2014 at 9:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

The specs for the new 3DS models.

--

August 29, 2014 at 9:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mr.Video
Administrator

I'm still unsure if Shulk is good news or bad news. Shulk looks like he's a fun character to play as, and isn't just a combination of Marth and Link like everyone else speculated, and Gaur plains looks fantastic. But on the downside, he basically confirmed Bowser Jr too... Oh well, at least his underwear alt can shut up the Sports wear Samus haters, unless they have a double standard.

I'm actually disappointed with the new 3DS though. You mean I have to buy a new handheld just to play Xenoblade at a reasonable price? Ugh... I think I'd be better off getting ripped off at Gamestop... At least I can look forward to the Smash Bros CD.

--

"Yep. Someday, I'll teach him a dirty lesson!" -Luigi, in regards to Waluigi, Super Mario Bros. Heroes of the Stars Episode 3

Tumblr: http://mrvideo95.tumblr.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MrVideo95

August 29, 2014 at 10:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

It's great news. It seems like the leak is basically confirmed to be true. Now all we need to do is wait about 2 weeks and all my dreams will come true. I agree with you about the Samus thing, though, those were my thoughts exactly when I saw it.

As for the 3DS, this is something Nintendo should've done from the beginning. I'll trade in my current 3DS if I have to just to get a new one when they comes out. Either that or I'll just never look at it again once I get the new one. Some of this stuff even the Vita doesn't have. I think Nintendo's finally pulling their heads out of their asses with this stuff.

--

August 29, 2014 at 10:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CosmicTornado

Mr.Video at August 29, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I'm still unsure if Shulk is good news or bad news. Shulk looks like he's a fun character to play as, and isn't just a combination of Marth and Link like everyone else speculated, and Gaur plains looks fantastic. But on the downside, he basically confirmed Bowser Jr too... Oh well, at least his underwear alt can shut up the Sports wear Samus haters, unless they have a double standard.

I'm actually disappointed with the new 3DS though. You mean I have to buy a new handheld just to play Xenoblade at a reasonable price? Ugh... I think I'd be better off getting ripped off at Gamestop... At least I can look forward to the Smash Bros CD.

Maybe they'll recant that statement and allow you to play it with the 3ds' extra analog stick.

I've been excited for Shulk ever since I saw him, which for the record was before Gematsu.

--

Never give up hope for what could be.

http://cosmictornado.newgrounds.com/follow

August 29, 2014 at 10:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

CosmicTornado at August 29, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Maybe they'll recant that statement and allow you to play it with the 3ds' extra analog stick.

I've been excited for Shulk ever since I saw him, which for the record was before Gematsu.

It's probably safe to assume it's only going to be on the new model because of the better hardware that it will have. Xenoblade Chronicles is a really big game from what I've heard.

--

August 29, 2014 at 10:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CosmicTornado

OmegaSword at August 29, 2014 at 10:38 AM

It's probably safe to assume it's only going to be on the new model because of the better hardware that it will have. Xenoblade Chronicles is a really big game from what I've heard.

That's definitely true. I bought the wii version (for $60, what a steal!) last month because it's got 250+ hours of gameplay (if you explore that is). So you're probably right about that.

--

August 29, 2014 at 10:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

CosmicTornado at August 29, 2014 at 10:40 AM

That's definitely true. I bought the wii version (for $60, what a steal!) last month because it's got 250+ hours of gameplay (if you explore that is). So you're probably right about that.

I refuse to let EB Games/Gamestop (or Ebay, for that matter) rip me off for the $70-80 pricetags I've seen. I'd rather buy a new 3DS and the game for $40-50 price new than used for a (soon to be) 9 year old console. I know it seems a little stupid, but it's a matter of principle. Plus I'll be able to take it with me wherever I go. This is the exact same reason I bought a 3DS in 2011; to play Ocarina of Time any time anywhere, and man, did I log a lot of time into the 3DS version.

--

August 29, 2014 at 10:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CosmicTornado

OmegaSword at August 29, 2014 at 10:44 AM

I refuse to let EB Games/Gamestop (or Ebay, for that matter) rip me off for the $70-80 pricetags I've seen. I'd rather buy a new 3DS and the game for $40-50 price new than used for a (soon to be) 9 year old console. I know it seems a little stupid, but it's a matter of principle. Plus I'll be able to take it with me wherever I go. This is the exact same reason I bought a 3DS in 2011; to play Ocarina of Time any time anywhere, and man, did I log a lot of time into the 3DS version.

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I'm definitely gonna get this when it comes over here (mostly cuz it looks badass as is), so I'll probably also get the xenoblade chronicles remake as well and just give the disk to my friend.

--

August 29, 2014 at 11:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

CosmicTornado at August 29, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I'm definitely gonna get this when it comes over here (mostly cuz it looks badass as is), so I'll probably also get the xenoblade chronicles remake as well and just give the disk to my friend.

I've been really interested in XBC for a long time now, so this was just awesome news to me. I feel RPGs work better on handhelds, anyway. As much as I want to, I'm hardpressed nowadays to play a console RPG. It just doesn't feel the same anymore for some reaosn.

--

August 29, 2014 at 11:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CosmicTornado

OmegaSword at August 29, 2014 at 11:09 AM

I've been really interested in XBC for a long time now, so this was just awesome news to me. I feel RPGs work better on handhelds, anyway. As much as I want to, I'm hardpressed nowadays to play a console RPG. It just doesn't feel the same anymore for some reaosn.

Yeah I know exactly how you feel. I've been wanting to start Xenoblade since I got it (mind you I've had it for over a month now) but I haven't started because of time restraints. When it's released on the New 3DS, I'll have the perfect opportunity to play it more.

--

August 29, 2014 at 11:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

CosmicTornado at August 29, 2014 at 11:20 AM

OmegaSword at August 29, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Yeah I know exactly how you feel. I've been wanting to start Xenoblade since I got it (mind you I've had it for over a month now) but I haven't started because of time restraints. When it's released on the New 3DS, I'll have the perfect opportunity to play it more.

I've had Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for months now and haven't even looked at the disc. Not that I don't want to play it, but it just feels like it takes a lot more effort and time to play a console RPG. I have a feelings I'm going to be perpetually broke for the next year because of all the stuff coming out :P I think Chuggaaconroy might be part of the reason I want Xenoblade, as well.

--

August 29, 2014 at 11:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

I'm really hoping for a finalized release date for the Wii U Smash at PAX this weekend, at least for Japan if nothing else.

--

August 29, 2014 at 11:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CosmicTornado

OmegaSword at August 29, 2014 at 11:29 AM

I'm really hoping for a finalized release date for the Wii U Smash at PAX this weekend, at least for Japan if nothing else.

Chuggaaconroy was the reason why I decided to buy the game (I knew of it before, but I never really got into it until recently.

Can't wait to see PAX and nintendo stuff.

--

August 29, 2014 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

CosmicTornado at August 29, 2014 at 11:35 AM

OmegaSword at August 29, 2014 at 11:29 AM

Chuggaaconroy was the reason why I decided to buy the game (I knew of it before, but I never really got into it until recently.

Can't wait to see PAX and nintendo stuff.

Hmm, will they reveal another character? I doubt it, but it's a possibility. Didn't they say they had an announcement or something planned for Smash at PAX?

--

August 29, 2014 at 11:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

X_Fire_MH

My thoughts exaclty, except for Shulk.    Why did they had to upgrade he 3ds like that?  I know that it had problems in the past, but pulling this at the last minute is stupid.    I got my 3ds 3 years ago, and I don't want to spend another 150 or so for a system thats the same as the old on, just for a upgrade.

Xenoblade Chronicles looks like a good game.  I want to play it, but I can't because of this change to the 3ds.  

This is the Number 1 thing I hate in video games, sudden Console Switching.    Its a gut wrentching KillJoy.

Well at least I can still play Smash 4 for the regular (I hope).

--

--- END OF LINE ---

August 29, 2014 at 1:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OmegaSword
Administrator

X_Fire_MH at August 29, 2014 at 1:23 PM

My thoughts exaclty, except for Shulk.    Why did they had to upgrade he 3ds like that?  I know that it had problems in the past, but pulling this at the last minute is stupid.    I got my 3ds 3 years ago, and I don't want to spend another 150 or so for a system thats the same as the old on, just for a upgrade.

Xenoblade Chronicles looks like a good game.  I want to play it, but I can't because of this change to the 3ds.  

This is the Number 1 thing I hate in video games, sudden Console Switching.    Its a gut wrentching KillJoy.

Well at least I can still play Smash 4 for the regular (I hope).

Xenoblade Chronicles is on the Wii. You don't have to get the 3DS version if you want it.

Also, this situation is literally the same thing as the Game Boy to Game Boy Color situation.

--

August 29, 2014 at 1:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Shadow624
Site Owner
Shulk being confirmed really should have been a positive thing for me, but all it really did was confirm the inevitable and sad truth that the whole leak is now confirmed... The reason this roster pisses me off so much is that it was borderline perfect. With the addition of Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina, Bowser Jr. and Ganondorf still being a clone, it's just no longer anywhere near perfect. It went from perfect to just absolute shit in my eyes in a matter of days. The fact that Lucas was cut and Dr. Mario is in just totally rapes my mind. I've said it before and I know I'm in the unpopular opinion, but I'm just no longer excited for this game.
--

"What does HP stand for anyway? Hentai Power?"

August 29, 2014 at 2:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Webs Counter

Recent Videos

254 views - 0 comments
935 views - 5 comments
903 views - 2 comments